Re-Roof Tax Credit
June 29, 2016
The U.S. government approved a tax credit for qualifying re-roofs installed in 2015 and 2016.
Take advantage of this tax credit!
Energy Star Re-Roof Tax Credit Flyer
Energy Star Re-Roof Tax Credit Website
Tax credit qualifications:
- The tax credit is for remodeling projects only; not new construction.
- The re-roof must be placed on the homeowner's principal residence.
- The re-roofing installation must happen in 2015 or 2016 to qualify.
- The tax credit is for 10% of the cost of the roof materials, with a maximum deduction of $500. The tax credit excludes labor.
- Metal roofs must meet ENERGY STAR's reflective standards. These colors have a lower roof surface temperature by up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit, decreasing the amount of air conditioning needed to keep a building comfortable.
Lester Buildings colors that qualify:
Lester Buildings colors that DO NOT qualify:
- Snow White
- Bone White
- Pewter Gray
- White Sand
- Slate Blue
- Earth Brown
- Colony Green
- Barn Red
- Regal Red
How to apply for the tax credit:
- Quaker Gray
- Dark Blue
- Antique Brown
- Metallic Copper
- Metallic Champagne
Note: This tax credit is offered by the federal government. Lester Buildings is in no way connected to tax programs. Please consult with your tax advisor for more information.
- On the IRS Tax Form 1040 (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return), enter the tax credit amount on line 53.
- Download this Manufacturer Certification Statement to file with the IRS Tax Form 5695 (Residential Tax Credit).
- Save your roof material receipts and the Manufacturer Certification Statement for your records.